how to design a custom snapback
The snapback, a historic and iconic cap. Such a simple and classic accessory that gives off a hip, chill and relaxed vibe. It’s a stylish cap that has been popularized throughout the years by artists, athletes, influencers… But the big question is; “How do I design my own custom snapback?”. We’ll explain everything to you in this article that you need to know.
The anatomy of a snapback
6 panels, a wide flat brim, an adjustable closure, eyelets… These are just a few parts of the snapback, but there’s so much more to it that you should know.
- The most common textile for the snapback is acrylic fiber.
- An adjustable closure allows the cap to be ‘one-size-fits-all’.
- It’s perfect for the summer, so make sure you’re ready to start in the spring season!
A COUPLE OF CHECKS FOR YOUR PRODUCTION PARTNER:
- Does your supplier provide premium quality products and printing?
- Does your supplier provide ethical produced clothing (fairwear label)?
- Does your supplier provide ecological garments (organic cotton or other biological fabric)?
- Does your supplier have a long term vision for a customer relationship?
- Does your supplier display knowledge and expertise on multiple fronts?
- Does your supplier provide you the perfect service and knowhow?
Merchandise Essentials is an ideal & trustworthy partner by the way 😉
What are the design options?
- Embroidery, either 2D or 3D, is the most common decoration technique. They’re both the same price and the embroidery can be as many colors as you want. And the best part is that you can have 2 embroideries on your snapback!
- You can stitch a patch on the snapback. Our clients have told us that our patches look so good that they almost look glued on ☺
- Labeling is a must to make your snapbacks authentic and unique. Beware, if you want more than 2 labels, you’ll have to pay for each label individually.
- A simple and clean design looks better than a detailed design, but no worries, our experienced account managers have the perfect knowhow to deal with this problem.
What about the design itself?
- Your embroidery on the front side of the snapback can have a size of maximum 12,5 cm in height and 5,5 cm in width.
- The maximum size for an embroidery on the side of a snapback is 4,5 cm. You can also embroider your own custom patch!
- Keep in mind that embroidery is not possible on the seams, with an exception for the middle seam.
- Another thing that you have to keep in mind is that your design can only be 1 cm away from the brim of the snapback.
If you have a design in your mind but you’re not very tech-savvy, then we have the perfect solution for you. Our in-house designer knows all the tricks and techniques to create the design according to your wishes, with some to-go-the-extra-mile touches to make sure your design will stand out in the crowd!
Did you know that…
A snapback without a custom sticker is not a snapback. It’s the essence of the Snapback as it shows its authenticity and uniqueness.
HOW ARE YOU GOING TO SELL YOUR PRODUCTS?
There are many ways to sell your products, whether it’s through e-commerce, a pop-up store, in physical clothing stores… It all depends on your story, your brand, your target group and what you are trying to achieve with your clothing.
To give you an example, read the success story of Rockstar clothing. We guided them from start to finish and they ended up with great success! With our partner, Storelaunchers, your ideas can also be turned into reality!
Want to know more? Make sure to also read these blog posts:
Merchandise Essentials is the most reliable partner on the market who will guide you through every process with a minimal investment. Our service guarantees a perfect solution to all your questions and problems. If you want to start designing your own custom T-shirts, feel free to contact us!